ARM Holdings is the world’s leading semiconductor intellectual property (IP) supplier and as such is at the heart of the development of digital electronic products. Headquartered in Cambridge, UK, and employing over 2,000 people, ARM has offices around the world, including design centers in Taiwan, France, India, Sweden, and the US.
- The world’s leading semiconductor IP company
- Founded in 1990
- Over 20 billion ARM based chips shipped to date
- 800 processor licenses sold to more than 250 companies
- Royalties received on all ARM-based chips
- Gaining market share in long-term secular growth markets
- ARM revenues typically grow faster than overall semiconductor industry revenues
The ARM business model involves the designing and licensing of IP rather than the manufacturing and selling of actual semiconductor chips. ARM licenses IP to a network of Partners, which includes the world’s leading semiconductor and systems companies. These Partners utilize ARM IP designs to create and manufacture system-on-chip designs, paying ARM a license fee for the original IP and a royalty on every chip or wafer produced. In addition to processor IP, ARM provides a range of tools, physical and systems IP to enable optimized system-on-chip designs.
150 Rose Orchard Way
San Jose, CA 95134-1358
Contact: ARM Inc.
Phone: +1 (408) 576 1500